Complaints and feedback




We welcome complaints. They not only ensure that people can have their concerns properly addressed but that they receive the best service to improve people’s health and care.


How do I make a complaint?


In the first instance you can telephone, write to the practice or

you can contact the NHS England Customer contact centre:

NHS England

PO Box 16738


B97 9PT

0300 31122 33




Who can make a complaint?

Anyone can make a complaint. You can complain on behalf of a child, or someone who has died. If you have another person’s permission, you can complain on their behalf.

 Is there a time limit for making a complaint?

Yes. Your complaint should be made as soon as possible (up to one year after the event).

Can I get help and support?

Yes. An organisation called POhWER can provide you with support and advocacy. You can contact POhWER by phone on 0300 020 0093 or email

What will happen once I make my complaint?

The practice is committed to responding to complaints as quickly and helpfully as possible. All complaints will be acknowledged when received and investigated in a manner that is appropriate to the issues raised. We will advise you how long it may take to investigate your complaint. Where possible we will offer a range of suitable options to resolve the complaint. The practice will take action where needed to prevent the incident from happening again.

Making a complaint will not put your care at risk or adversely affect your future care.

Is it confidential?

Your rights to confidentiality will be respected throughout the investigation. However, there may be times when we need to share information without your consent e.g. to protect children and vulnerable adults.

We may also need to share your complaint with other health professionals in order to ensure any issues raised are addressed appropriately.

If your complaint involves a number of different services such as Hospitals, Mental Health services, Social Care or community health services we will work together to resolve your complaint. To do this we will need to share information.

What if I am still not satisfied?


We aim to resolve all complaints. However, if you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint we will look into the matter further. If you are still not satisfied with our response you can ask the Health Service Ombudsman to investigate your case.

The address to contact is:

The Parliamentary and Health service ombudsman

Millbank Tower




0345 015 4033

Comments are closed.